Multichannel marketing campaigns are much more effective than single-channel campaigns. It allows your to speak directly to your customers and prospects on the channels they use and reinforces your messaging across multiple mediums. Check out these multichannel marketing statistics.
1. Two-thirds of shoppers use more than one channel.
This data comes from the Wharton School of Business, which found that multichannel shopping is the norm for most consumers. Its research found that one-third of shoppers alternate between two channels, and another one-third use three channels or more. Only one out of three shoppers consistently use a single channel.
Takeaway: Your brand must be presented consistently across all channels, including direct mail, email, and mobile, and the shopping experience must be seamless across all of them.
2. Research shows that consumers spend (on average) 25% more when direct mail is used in combination with email.
Takeaway: By strategically combining your direct mail and emails, you can maximize your marketing ROI.
3. Customers who shop on more than one channel have a 30% higher Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) than those who use a single channel.
Takeaway: Investing in a consistent multichannel customer experience takes more time and investment, but it increases your ROI!
4. Marketing campaigns that used direct mail in addition to at least one form of digital marketing media experienced a 118% lift in response rate compared to only using digital media.
Takeaway: By combining direct mail with a digital marketing channel such as display ads or social ads, you reinforce your messaging to your target audience and get a much higher response rate.
5. Only 5% of marketers say they are “very much set up to effectively orchestrate cross-channel marketing activities.”
Most marketers aren’t prepared to handle a multichannel environment, so you stand out when you do this well. Econsultancy finds that while more than two-thirds of companies place a priority on integrating marketing activities across channels, only 39% say they understand customer journeys and adapt the channel mix accordingly.
You are great at what you do, and you understand your customers better than anyone else. But nobody can be an expert at everything all the time. Before you plan your next multichannel marketing campaign, give us a call. We can help you kick off a great campaign that will keep your customers coming back.